So I thought I would post some details about our impressions of God's House. On the sabbath Mr Flurry said he feels like he would like to lock the doors for two hours (indicating to be by himself and take it all in). That's exactly how I felt when I first came in. It's like you want to savor every detail and meditate on what it took to get to this point and the fact that God's presence is in there. Truly, the exquisiteness cannot be adequately described although a few journalists have already written up articles with details of all the furnishings, the latest being the Edmond Monthly (which we all received a copy of at the Dedication. When I get home I'll scan it and post the article since I didn't see an online version).
When you are sitting in the auditorium it feels intimate as the stage doesn't seem far away. The sound carries wonderfully and it's like it envelopes you with mellow tones even at the back. The state of the art technology provides a surround sound effect. Mr Ethan Amos told me that it was designed with the fact that sound travels so the system creates a delay so that those who are sitting at the back hear at the same time as those in front. From wherever you sit the stage is clearly visible and did you see that paneling on the stage? - gorgeous. The wood used throughout the Auditorium is deep and rich, I just wanted to sit and bask in it, such a calming effect.
Although the Auditorium is adorned with many expensive and elegant items the design doesn't make you feel uncomfortable. Rather it inspires you to be better and do better because God's presence is there. There is a joy as you look around and know that you helped to build it. And if you see some fluff on the carpet you pick it up because this is God's House and you want everything to remain perfect.
I spoke with a freshman student who is assigned to general custodial and she was saying that she hopes she assigned to the auditorium. During announcements on the Sabbath Mr Turgeon recognized Mr Daniel Lamberth who is in charge of the Custodial department.What a privilege to be responsible for keeping God's House pristine.
Upstairs the view of the land is expansive from the beautiful foyer. You may remember that Mr Flurry decided to increase the height of the building in order to facilitate this view. You'll see from the pictures that even the elevator and bathrooms are of the highest quality. Throughout the auditorium tasteful artwork adorns the walls including a portrait of Mr Armstrong exiting a plane. The seating upstairs if pretty steep but provides a great view of the whole stage and seating below.
In his dedication prayer and Sabbath sermon, Mr Flurry placed emphasis on the fact that we have to be mindful of our dress and behavior in God's House in order to keep the proper reverence. The fact that he mentioned it in the dedication prayer and sermon let's us know the importance of upkeep of the physical because it reflects the spiritual.
No comments:
Post a Comment